Senior UX Designer
What we do
Before you can view content, that content must travel from a database to your screen. That process is surprisingly rich and intricate and, if done right, creates immense value for the viewer. LVL’s expertise is in a product that delivers that content in a seamless, data-driven, enjoyable way.
In other words, by refining content discovery and consumption for each individual viewer, we provide media and entertainment companies with the tools to better reach, engage and retain their audience. With our expanding client roster, our solutions are now used by millions of people.
Our dedicated team is composed of experienced UI and UX Designers that are as curious and creative as they are committed and focused on the work that they do. Do you consider yourself a motivated self-starter always searching for new and creative ideas and solutions? If so, you might just be an ideal fit within this innovative team.
As a senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for improving the interactive products of a leading Canadian telecommunication company using a mix of both research-focused analysis and creative strategy. Though you will have a chance to score quick wins on simple projects, other scenarios may require that you perform thorough examinations of the client’s current system before the fun work can begin.
You will act as the primary touchpoint between key internal and external parties. As such, you will interact with executives, marketing and system integration specialists, developers and content writers every single day. Your primary responsibility will be to improve client processes by applying UX best practices, with the goal of helping the client to optimize the customer experience and services they offer.
You have extensive experience preparing project proposals and presentations that include user experience goals, conceptual frameworks, user personas, user journeys and flowcharts, wireframes and technical specs. You are also at ease participating in internal reviews and client meetings.
Your background should also consist of the following:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in human computer interaction, or any related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- You have amassed a minimum of 5 years of interaction design experience pertaining to consumer applications
- You can create wireframes and service architecture and have an eye for aesthetics and user experience
- You see the “big picture” and can both write and fight for innovative concepts
- You know what situations require you to provide UX deliverables such as competitive analysis, user research, user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps and design reviews
- You recognize the scenarios in which a leaner approach may work best
- You can produce multiple concepts and prototypes, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to produce low-fi sketches and prototypes
- You have a portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions that solve for customer problems
- You have a mastery of Adobe Illustrator, InVision and Axure
- Your communication (written & spoken) are excellent in English
In other words, you are creative, independent, meticulous and professional. You’re considered a great teammate and have no trouble working under pressure while planning and managing your priorities.
The dream candidate will also have the following (but don’t worry – if you don’t, we’ll teach you!)
- You have worked in the field of TV app design
- You understand both the benefits and complexities of interactive media
- You have experience creating prototypes and/or have a solid visual design background hey offer, based on consumer trends and needs.
If you’re interested in this position but do not meet all the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you – just drop us a line to convince us you’re the best fit!
Also, be sure to check out our open-source library and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL ?
You’ll be intellectually challenged. You’ll create something new. You’ll be paid well and maintain great work-life balance. You’ll be mentored by the best, learn new skills, and grow your expertise. You’ll be proud of your work. You’ll work with amazing, huge clients – our solutions find their way into millions of households. Oh, and we have a killer view of vibrant, beautiful Montreal!
LVL is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org