Senior Unity® / C# Developers
What we do
Before you can view content, that content must travel from a database to your screen. That process is surprisingly rich and intricate and, if done right, creates immense value for the viewer. LVL’s expertise is in a product that delivers that content in a seamless, data-driven, enjoyable way.
In other words, by refining content discovery and consumption for each individual viewer, we provide media and entertainment companies with the tools to better reach, engage and retain their audience. With our expanding client roster, our solutions are now used by millions of people.
At LVL, we’re a lively mix of passionate and versatile developers, designers, and analysts. With our diverse skills and expertise, we believe the whole team is responsible for the code we write and support one another in generating great ideas. As a result, we’re proud of our top-quality code and powerful products.
Specifically, you will be joining a dedicated Agile group of developers and QA specialists who collaborate with LVL’s visual and interaction designers.
You are a fierce advocate of software development best practices. What’s more, not only can you define software architecture and express your views to your team, you can also translate complex technological concepts and highlight the benefits of LVL’s solutions to internal and external stakeholders. You are considered an expert problem-solver among your peers and are known for finding quick creative solutions to challenges or issues that may arise.
Your future responsibilities:
- As a Senior Unity / C# Developer at LVL you will be responsible for implementing product functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into functional and engaging TV entertainment products for iOS, Android and Android TV and TvOS using Unity and C#
- Developing highly engaging products for the media industry in an Agile environment using best practices development methodology and cutting-edge technology stack
- Developing highly robust and scalable software components using reactive programming mythology
- Application performance optimization that support millions of users
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- You have 5 years of software development experience, some of which were spent working in a product-oriented company
- You have 3 years of experience as a Unity Developer with extensive knowledge of Unity, C#, and performance optimizations for mobile development (iOS & Android)
- You have worked within modern continuous integration \ continuous deployment cloud pipeline based on Docker containers with Kubernetics orchestrator and Git source control
You have experience with:
- Design patterns, S.O.L.I.D. principles & dependency injection
- Software development using Reactive programming methodology
- Scripting, textures, animation, uGUI system, and user session management
- OAth2 Authentication implementation
- Editor scripting
- Multiplatform development (Open Source, Mono, C/C++, Windows/OS X/Linux)
You have knowledge of:
- Video development (Codecs, HLS, MPEG-DASH, DRMs, GStreamer, FFmpeg, DirectShow, etc.)
Your additional Competencies & Attributes
- You have experience working with development and UX\UI design teams
- You are self-motivated and passionate about building highly engaging products using cutting edge technology
- You have a devops mindset
- You are results oriented and able to contribute in a team environment
- You have strong verbal & written communication skills in French and English
The dream candidate will also have the following (but don’t worry – if you don’t, we’ll teach you!)
- 3D development (Unity 3D, OpenGL, maths, matrices, quaternions, vector, etc.)
- Reactive programming (http://reactivex.io, Rx.NET, UniRx, etc.)
If you’re interested in this position but do not meet all the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you – just drop us a line to convince us you’re the best fit!
Also, be sure to check out our open-source library and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL ?
You’ll be intellectually challenged. You’ll create something new. You’ll be paid well and maintain great work-life balance. You’ll be mentored by the best, learn new skills, and grow your expertise. You’ll be proud of your work. You’ll work with amazing, huge clients – our solutions find their way into millions of households. Oh, and we have a killer view of vibrant, beautiful Montreal!
LVL is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Apply to email@example.com