Senior Java Developer
TV ad distribution technology is experiencing rapid change due to the far-reaching effects of digital disruption. To overcome the challenge of changing monetization models inherent to this shift, the industry must look towards using refined advertising distribution and placement systems.
LVL’s Java Developers pride themselves on being able to build high-quality products using proven methodologies and best practices such as Agile Development, NoSQL databases and Reactive Programming.The team our newest Java Developer will join is made up of five highly-skilled members who are just as eager to build sophisticated real-time advertising decision systems as they are to learn the ins and outs of NoSQL databases.
As one of our Java Developers, you will be responsible for developing, operating, maintaining and continuously improving a next-generation big data aggregator that delivers daily reports to clients.
- You have at least ten years of experience as a back-end software developer
- You have an MBA or a Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- You have strong Java language skills
- You have a thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and best practices
- You are familiar with functional programming
- You are well-versed in REST, HTTP and XML and have a working knowledge of Linux
- You are used to working in an Agile work environment
- You are a solid communicator, comfortable in sharing knowledge with other team members
- You are passionate about technological innovation within the realm of media and entertainment and are eager to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with Java 8 and Reactive frameworks like RxJava, Akka and Reactor
- Experience building microservices and using NoSQL databases (like Apache Cassandra)
- Experience working with Git or other Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of Refactoring, Unit Testing and Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection, Reactive Programming, Asynchrony and Multi-threading
Sound Like You? Apply Now!
If you are creative, motivated and have a genuine interest in contributing to the advancement of media and entertainment technology, you could be the perfect fit!
If you’re interested in this position but do not meet all of the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you. In addition to your résumé, make sure to send us a letter detailing why you think you’d excel in this position to email@example.com.
Also, be sure to check out our open-source libraries and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL Studio?
Located in Montreal’s vibrant AI hub, LVL prides itself on fostering a friendly and dynamic working environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Join LVL and find your place within our team of expert strategists, designers and software engineers who provide major media and entertainment companies with the tools required to better reach, engage and retain audiences. From powerful entertainment platforms to leading products and services, our solutions make their way into the hands of millions of people, allowing our clients to refine the content discovery and consumption experiences they offer based on consumer trends and needs.
Did we mention that LVL offers a competitive benefits package, a base vacation bank starting at three weeks per year as well as flexible working hours?
LVL is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Check out our portfolio
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org