Now that Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere apps are dominating the market, vying for consumer attention has never been more challenging. To stand out from the competition and to effectively build stronger relationships with today’s consumers, network operators and other premium content providers must invest in future-proofed solutions that place the right content, in front of the right consumer in a way that exceeds their expectations time and time again.
As our Data Scientist, you will be responsible for proactively fetching data from various sources and analyze it for the purpose of building AI tools that will automate both LVL’s organizational processes as well as our very own E2 Platform's product processes. Note that E2 is a next-gen solution we developed that facilitates the rapid development and deployment of multiplatform OTT and TVE apps, and that leverages Unity® to target smart TVs, smartphones and gaming consoles.
LVL’s Data Scientist interacts with all of our product stakeholders! Reporting directly to the CTO, not only will you work closely with LVL’s product team of 20+ software developers, you will also work with our management, sales and design departments.
We are looking for a true team player with strong social skills to join our team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with a variety of stakeholders within the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive our E2 product
- Mining and analyzing data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Coordinating with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Designing and developing data models and schemas (normalized and de-normalized)
As a Data scientist you know how to make value out of data. In addition to your exceptional analytical skills and your ability to troubleshoot data, you are the type of person that is self-motivated and results-oriented. You also have either an MBA, a Master’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
Additional profile requirements include:
- 5+ years of experience working within web or TV-based product-oriented companies
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases
- Experience with cloud-based SAS business environments
- Digital marketing experience
- Ability to write & optimize SQL & scripting languages
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design and programming as well as unit testing
- Knowledge of product instrumentation
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MangoDB
- Experience with Star & Snowflake data warehouse schemas
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and development including ODS, ETL tools
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of Amazon’s Redshift, Data Pipeline and other web services
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Intercom.io, Amplitude,
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Keen interest in extracting, gathering, querying and analysing data
- Strong desire to understand user behavior and trends with quantitative and qualitative data from acquisition to engagement
- Ability to work within cross-team organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up Agile development environment
- Self-motivated with solid analytics capability, excellent hands-on skills and someone that enjoys helping deliver engaging products
- Results-oriented & able to contribute to a team environment
- Strong French verbal and written communication skills
Sound Like You? Apply Now!
If you are creative, motivated and have a genuine interest in contributing to the advancement of media and entertainment technology, you could be the perfect fit!
If you’re interested in this position but do not meet all of the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you. In addition to your résumé, make sure to send us a letter detailing why you think you’d excel in this position to email@example.com.
Also, be sure to check out our open-source libraries and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL Studio?
Located in Montreal’s vibrant AI hub, LVL prides itself on fostering a friendly and dynamic working environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Join LVL and find your place within our team of expert strategists, designers and software engineers who provide major media and entertainment companies with the tools required to better reach, engage and retain audiences. From powerful entertainment platforms to leading products and services, our solutions make their way into the hands of millions of people, allowing our clients to refine the content discovery and consumption experiences they offer based on consumer trends and needs.
Did we mention that LVL offers a competitive benefits package, a base vacation bank starting at three weeks per year as well as flexible working hours?
LVL is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Check out our portfolio
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org